NORDIC SKIING ASSOCIATION of Anchorage RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY ASSUMPTION OF RISK and INDEMINITY AGREEMENT (“Agreement”)
In consideration of myself, OR my child, participating in the snow ski related activities, and/or other activities (“Activities”) offered by Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage, NSAA, I represent that I, OR my child, understand the nature of these Activities and that I am and my child are qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activities. I acknowledge on behalf of myself, OR my child, that if I, OR my child, believe event/Activity conditions are unsafe, we will immediately discontinue in the Activity.
It is fully understood that these activities involve inherent risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and/or death, which may be caused by my OR my child’s own actions or inactions, those of others participating in the Activities, the conditions in which the Activities take place, or the negligence of the ‘releases’ named below, and that there may be other risks known to me OR my child, or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I, OR my child, fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs and damages I, OR my child, might incur as a result of my OR my child’s participation in the Activities.
I hereby agree for myself and for my child to release, discharge, indemnify and covenant not to sue its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, any sponsors, advertisers and, if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises on which the Activities take place (each considered one of the “Releases” herein), and release and discharge them from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account accused or alleged to be cause in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releases” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability, and assumption of risk, that I, or anyone on my behalf of my child, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I will indemnify, save and hold harmless each of the Releases from any loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
Media Permission: When participating in NSAA events or programs, myself or my child may be photographed for print, videotape, or electronic imaging. Images may be used in Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage event and program promotional materials and other published formats. The images will be the sole property of the Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage.
I have read this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature, and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law, and agree that if any portion of this agreement/release is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
SUPPLEMENTAL HOLD HARMLESS, RELEASE, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATED TO COVID-19
The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage ("NSAA") currently plans to allow sporting events or similar activities (herein referred to as "SPORTING EVENT") to take place. In consideration of being permitted to compete, officiate, observe, work, or participate in a SPORTING EVENT, I, for myself and my children, agree to the following:
- I affirm that neither I, nor my children, nor anyone in my immediate household, including the actual participant(s) in the SPORTING EVENT, have been diagnosed with, demonstrated any symptoms of, or have in any way been exposed to any communicable diseases, including the novel corona virus known as COVID- 19 within the past thirty (30) days;
- I acknowledge that I am aware that by entering the premises and participating in the SPORTING EVENT that there are risks to me and my children of being exposed to COVID-19, and/or any mutation or variation thereof. I am also aware that such an exposure can occur directly or indirectly;
- I understand that certain individuals are more susceptible to becoming seriously ill if they contract COVID-19, including people over the age of 65, people with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised. I understand that if I or my children, including the actual participant(s) in the SPORTING EVENT, fall within one or more of these categories, there is a greater risk.
- I understand that while NSAA strives to maintain everyone's safety at all SPORTING EVENTS, NSAA cannot eliminate all risks. NSAA's staff may be negligent or make mistakes, when trying to eliminate or mitigate the risks, including the risks of contracting COVID-19. By signing this Waiver, NSAA asks you (and anyone that could legally stand in your place) to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with your or your children's involvement in the SPORTING EVENT;
- I hereby voluntarily agree to RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE NSAA and/or its officers, directors, and employees; the Anchorage School Board; and any individuals, companies, or associations having anything to do with the SPORTING EVENT, including promoters, participants, officials, and owners of the premises where the SPORTING EVENT takes place (hereinafter referred to as "Releasees"). By signing this document, RELEASEES WILL BE RELEASED FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY for any and all loss or damage whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise; and
- I hereby agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage, or cost (including reasonable attorney's fees) they may incur arising out of or related to my illness or death, or the illness or death of my children, including the actual participant(s) in the SPORTING EVENT whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
BY CLICKING BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS WAIVERS AND RELEASE, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.